The Briard - A Heart Wrapped in Fur

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Tawny Tornado

My Life has been hijacked by a tawny tornado. I do know that for the last 3 months I have been deep into puppy madness. I am owned now by a Briard, commonly described as “a heart wrapped in fur”. They fail to mention the teeth. At four and half months she can sit, down, shake, come, stand, and bite with enthusiasm. Vampire dog! For awhile I was thinking about getting stock in bandaid companies.


I have been fortunate to be able take her out the barn and walk a lower pasture. Three laps is about three miles. Nana does about four to five miles with all the running and zooming back and forth. That’s good for the morning, but doesn’t cover the afternoon exercise requirement. But we are working on it.

So now is the time for resolutions as we move back into the light and out of winter darkness. This will be the first year that I will be completely through with the messiness of divorce, court dates, and the expenses and paper work that comes with it all. Nana, the biting machine, was part of my commitment to building the life I wanted. So I am going to risk more, spend less, try to be a better friend, blog more (lucky you), and craft a life filled with laughter, love and simplicity. At least that is the plan, oh yes….and try and teach the tawny tornado that “bite me” is only an expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment