The Briard - A Heart Wrapped in Fur

Friday, May 10, 2013

Life Goes On

 



Nana and her favorite toy
 
Nana and I are learning to travel light, though she does a better job than I do. Her needs are simple, food, someone to throw her toy and then play tug a war with her, a hissy toy or two (the second favorite toy) and someone to watch over.  I could do without the hissy toys however.
 
Me on the other hand am having a tougher time of it.  I have definitely learned one does not need a lot of things.  It is amazing how few clothes one actually needs.  Caring for my father has taught me a few things - like what I really need to make me happy.
 
I learned I don't need cats.
They bring gophers in the house and then devour them on the floor only to puke it back up later.
They leave bits and pieces of intestine of mice, gophers, moles, etc out the back door which become covered in ants.
They can't manage to hit the cat box, or maybe they can and just want to make me nuts. They decide that 5am is a wonderful time to get up and smack you upside the head to make sure you get up.
Cat boxes reek, and yes I clean them regularly. 
 They vomit hair balls just because they can. 
 
I need my Staub cast iron pots.
 
I have discovered you can cook, bake, grill and boil in these things.  I have never cooked with better.  Pricey yes, but worth every penny.  Buy them if you can, they truly are a joy.  You can also buy whimsical knobs: pig, rooster, snail and I am currently on the hunt for the rabbit.  Yes, caregiving can make you crazy. 
 
I need to garden.
I need to work with fiber, whether that is to knit, spin, or weave
I need books to read
I need dreams and friends.
 
And most of all I need Nana; funny, silly, loyal and such a clumsy dufus.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment