The Briard - A Heart Wrapped in Fur

Saturday, June 18, 2011

QUIET!! Bad Dog Nana


Nana! Quiet!
 Sigh....I don't know why she was barking like an idiot today at the barn.  Normally, she is quiet and waits patiently in her exercise pen in Draco's stall until I am done riding.  Normally, if she barks it is because there is a dog she isn't familiar with who has arrived.  Normally, she is a good dog.  But not today.   Granted she and I were the only ones there and there wasn't the normal activity to keep her attention.  She was noisy enough for Leslie to come down from the house and request I do something.  Unfortunately, the only sure cure was to leave.  So, I took off Draco's saddle, put my stuff away and put Draco back in pasture.  Not that I think he minded the turn of events - he got groomed and fluffed without having to earn his keep.  At least someone was happy with the turn of events...well actually two critters were happy with the turn of events.  Nana was more than excited to be let out of the ex-pen, I was less excited as she leaped in the air, grabbed the leash, my shirt and tried to start a game of tug of war.  We had been to the doggie park before coming to the barn in an effort to get some of her energy spent - but apparently not enough.  I am really hoping this is not a new trend with her, since I currently have no choice but to take her with me when I go places if we get permanently banned from the barn my days of riding will be over.  So, Nana you need to be QUIET!!

No comments:

Post a Comment