The Briard - A Heart Wrapped in Fur

Monday, July 11, 2011

Take That Anne Klein!

Nana is bored.  Nana is very bored and is looking for all the trouble she can find; my shoe collection will probably not be the same. She is also sneaky.  I once watched her very stealthily reach out and slide a rope toy out from under the nose of her good friend Patsy the Labrador when Patsy looked away for a moment.  Nana didn't want the toy she wanted Patsy to play with her.  When Patsy glanced back, toy was gone, but Nana was there with her best play face on in an effort to entice Patsy to a game of wrestling.

My closet has become the newest attraction with stealth missions being conducted daily for it's treasures.  There is the added attraction of a small, black, hissy toy that resides in there.  This animated toy can sometimes be spotted on the bed, but prefers the closet and refuses to play with Nana no matter how many play barks and bows Nana offers.  The hissy toy only has flattened ears and a yellow glare to offer in the play department unless Nana gets to close in which case the hissy toy has the fastest claw in the West. 

Now the shoe in the picture is one of a pair of Anne Klein loafers that I have had for years and are my "fall back" choice for pants.  I love the ballerina look and these were as close as I could get at the time; ballerina styles shoes being out of fashion at that moment.  This pair of shoes should have been thrown out a year ago, but I have a tendency to "keep" things in the closet of infinite holding far to long.  As much as I am not happy about her eating a pair of my shoes it does force me to pair down - not a bad thing.  Now if I can just bring myself to throw away the hiking boots whose soles are literally separating from the side of the shoe.  Maybe I should let Nana make the decision for me.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment