The Briard - A Heart Wrapped in Fur

Friday, August 5, 2011

Can We Say Lactose Intolerant!

I continue to examine doggie poop with the interest of a duck on a June bug.  One thing for certain Nana is Lactose intolerant, which I can't say without thinking of that wonderful scene between Meg Ryan and Kevin Kline in French Kiss.  If you haven't seen the movie - I highly recommend it.

Once I eliminated the dairy products things were looking up, well actually things were firming up.  Then I added Canidae and things went back to Cow Pie Central.  Argh!.......So back to just chicken and rice and off to the pet store to buy a SMALL bag of the old Controlled Growth Puppy Food by Nutro which is what she has been since I got her.  I will give it a couple of days and then start to introduce sprinkles of Nutro and see how it all works out. 

Best poops she ever had was when she was eating road apples at will while hiking.  Nothing like some pre-digested grass hay to add bulk to the diet.  Probably gave her giardia as well - so not a recommended diet addition, but I did find these vegetarian doggie treats that might do the trick.  Put let's be realistic if the dog treats were created by dogs they would have names like:

Road Apple Delight
Goose Poop Perfection
Duck, Duck, Goose
Road Kill Cafe

They certainly would not be pumpkin and sweetpotatoe based.  When Nana barks at the bowl that has pumpkin in it and runs around to the other side of the ottoman and lays down - you know it is a two paws down commentary on the dinner menu.  No Nana, I am not trying to poison you - it's healthy honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment